Call Pickup for a Ring Group?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chaznsc, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaznsc

Hello,
    Our system is set to incoming calls to begin pecking a small ring group. Can incoming calls be "picked up" in this manner using *020* for CALL PICKUP? Sometimes, not often, the person answering calls cannot get to their desk for whatever reason.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that a ring group call is not "owned" by a particular extension...I'm not sure. It would be fairly easy to test this out yourself however. If you are using a ring group where it is set to ring one member at a time, and call pick-up doesn't work for you, you might want to consider a ring group where all sets ring at the same time. Then anyone, near any phone in the department could reach over and pick-up the call.

3. chaznsc

@leejor - Thank you for your response. I did test it out with no success so I figured I would just ask the question to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Using the Pick Up dial code should be possible. It's worth noting that that default dial code is *20*, not *020* that the OP wrote.

If this doesn't work I would check:
    1) The pick up dial code just in case it has been changed from the Management Console -> Settings -> PBX -> 'Dial Codes' tab (V14 SP2, in previous versions its different).
    2) Check that the option "Limit call pickup to calls received in their extension group" option is not enabled as that may limit this as well. You can find this in the Management Console -> Settings -> PBX -> 'General' tab (V14 SP2, in previous versions its different).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.