Call pickup groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jimbo_, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo_

Hi,

Is there a way to create call pickup groups? I understand you can do *20* but this picks up the first available call. *20*<extno> picks up call on the handset that's ringing but in order for this to work a department would have to know everyone extension number in that group. Is there a way to create "Department A" and anyone in that group can only pickup that groups calls so someone in "Department B" doesn't accidentally pickup a call from A etc?

Thanks

Jimbo

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Try go Settings / Advanced / Custom Parameters / search for parameter LIMIT_PICKUP_TO_GROUP, switch value to 1.
    Restart services.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jimbo_

Hi,

I worked this out in the end. In Settings > Global Options is a choice for "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group". I ticked this and made sure "Perform operations" was unchecked in the Default group but checked in the department extension groups.

Cheers,

James

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Perfect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.