call pickup not working in V6.0.806

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems that call pickup doesnt work on new version (licensed) when external calls come via DA. The on hold music pauses for a second and it seems to go through but then onhold music starts playing again and call audio isnt delivered to extension. one thing mended another broken....

2. AlecM

Hi,
    A related topic, but not specifically in line with the original thread...
    We have GrandStream BT-200 handsets, and we are using V6 build 806.
    Call Pick-up fails beacuse the Grandstream's have a "call feature" command set that starts with the *, e.g. *30 will block caller ID. Unfortunately, this means that the handset won't try to pass on the call pick-up code (*20*) to 3CX.

Does anyone know of either:
    - a way to disable the grandstream call features, or
    - a way to change the 3CX call pick-up code?
    - any other way around this?

thanks

Alec

Update:
    I found the setting on the handset Account page for disabling the call features, but this didn't seem to help. The handset reports a 404 code and I just get a "busy tone" (engaged) in audio.
    Al

3. AlecM

Thanks Matt,

This option is greyed out - I hadn't realised that this feature must be for the licensed versions only. Drat!

I should have mentioned i my original post I'm using the free edition, sorry.

Alec

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thats a bummer! its very strange its like the audio stream isnt quite making it to the phone, it tries then fails and for the caller the onhold comes back on but if the extension then hangs up the call ends for both parties. DR is what i mean sorry!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fixed it, pbx delivers audio was checked on phones for some reason...!

6. AlecM

Thanks Matt,

I might try that, but as the "*20*" code wouldn't work after the handsets had their conflicting call feature codes turned off, I doubt any change to the ini file will help. I would guess that the recognition of the code by 3CX is down to the licenced version being active. At this stage I am not going to add a temporary licence - but will try and get the MD to cough up for a full licence!

Alec

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.