Call Quality is Poor on 3CX Softphone...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by contoured, Apr 11, 2018.

1. contoured

I am having an issue in which the call quality on my 3CX softphone is poor. I have two desk phones on the same network (1 HTek and 1 Yealink) and they both sound great. It's the Windows softphone which sound bad. The two hard phones are both using a session border controller, my firewall is giving the highest priority to TCP and UDP ports 5090 and my PC is an Intel i7 with 16GB of memory. Can anyone suggest where the problem might be? Is the softphone just inherently worse?

2. D Bedford

What headphones/headset/microphone are you using on your computer? Quality issues on the softphone in my experience are usually down to a poorly configured microphone.

3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

The softphone also uses port 5090/tunnel so the firewall should not be an issue.

Does this site have VLAN's or priority routing? If split data/voice remember that the 3CX client would be on data (as it runs on the desktop) where phone would be voice.

4. contoured

D Bedford,

I tried an MPOW headset I got from Amazon at first. Then I moved to a Logitech set that I know has good sound quality. Same issues.

Eddv123,

In our office network, there are no VLANs (only 3 of us here).