• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Quality issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdummy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been informed by our sales manager that he had to abandon a conference call in our meeting room, because the 3cx softphone isn't working properly.

He said the client claimed that they sounded like "Dalek". Lol

Anyway, they tried calling 3 times but with no luck!

They had closed down all other programs that was running and disconnected and reconnected the microphone etc, but nothing seemed to work.

Is taking the trace using wireshark the right way to approach this?

Any ideas on what the issue might be? and how to go about with the troubleshooting?

Since I'm new to this field, I have no idea on how to go about this one.

Thanks.

We are using the 3cx Phone system version 12.5 and the 3cx softphone version is 12.5.44288.0

Hello @techdummy ,

is this issue present with all extensions using the 3cx client?
Was this issue present before or is it the first time this has happened?
Is this issue present when calling someone else? (maybe the problem is on their side)
You could try a wireshark capture, then isolate the audio streams and listen to them individually. This way you will be able to distinguish when the audio issue occurs. You should be able to see 4 audio streams but in your case only 2 of those should concern you. (3cx Client->PBX, PBX->Provider)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: techdummy
Hello @AndreasPo_3CX ,

Thank you for the reply.
I asked them to connect another device and see how it goes.
It looks like the issue was with the device and not the connection itself.

About your questions,
The issue was only with one of the extension, the call quality was same with all the other calls and conferences.
They tried it a number of times.

About the troubleshooting, I haven't really done much in that area. I'm trying to learn it with time.

Reactions: AndreasPo_3CX
Glad the issue was resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.