Call quality score / MOS Score / Call quality monitor

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by OCWI, Nov 28, 2017.

Call quality score / MOS Score / Call quality monitor 4.8 5 18votes
4.8/5, 18 votes

1. OCWI

OCWI New Member

I have demo'd a product called VoIP spear found here https://www.voipspear.com/

While their pricing is far to high for what they accomplish, it is a really cool idea that i think would be very valuable to the providers and re-sellers here.

It pings something (anything) on the end users network and gives an estimated MOS score (call quality score) based on latency, jitter, and other variables.

If we had this in the 3cx GUI where it pinged the border controller (or even phone) and gave these metrics it would be extremely helpful. Bonus points if they gave them in a graph with a history.

2. Brad Allison

VoIP Quality monitoring built into 3CX server would be cool

Thomas Liesner likes this.
  3. viraltechnology

I would really like to see something like this that could be used as a pre deployment tool. Something that would simulate calls, measure and record several key elements such and jitter, latency, bandwidth...etc,etc for VoIP both internal to the network and external.

4. Nathan Boyd

With the 3CX emphasis for partners to install in the cloud, this is becoming far more important than ever. Especially for those partners building a business on hosted 3CX. Every major hosted VOIP platform (typically multi-tennant) either has this capability baked in or as a plugin. But as @Nick Galea mentioned in a thread with a similar idea, we'll need to narrow the desires down to some basic metrics for a possible initial implementation. I say, MOS, Jitter for both Trunks and Endpoints, and periodic latency of both Trunks and Endpoints.