• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

call queue audio overlapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
HI,

How can i make the audio in call queue not to over lap with each other?

Here is the scenario:

I made a DID routing to a call queue i made
I enable intro prompt and added a wav file
I also added a wav file in the Music on hold
Now when the caller call they can hear the intro prompt wav after a few seconds the music on hold also plays.
what will i adjust so that the 2 wav files wont over lap?

Thanks,

STASH:D

Hello,

I've run into this a few times recently. There is not a way to change the functionality in 3CX that I can find.

I have come up with two solutions. The first solution is to not use a separate intro prompt, but to merge the greeting you would put into an intro prompt at the beginning of a MOH file. Then load this combined file as your MOH file for the Queue. When a caller enters the queue, only the MOH file will play and it will announce the intro portion and then play the MOH. The caveat is that if a caller in in-queue longer than the MOH file, then the MOH file will repeat and the caller will hear the intro part again.

The second solution is to use an intro prompt and a separate MOH file. Then edit the MOH file to have a period of silence of the same length as the intro prompt. Both files will play at the same time, the intro prompt will play over the silence part of the MOH file.

Neither is a perfect solution, but does provide a couple of options. I suspect that in the next few versions of 3CX we'll see some tweaks and improvements as that part of the product matures.

"Intro prompt" is played on foreground. "Music on hold" is played on background.
What is the problem?

Sir Tim thanks will try this.

Sir SY the problem is the intro prompt in not yet finish, suddenly the music on hold will play while the intro prompt is still playing so the issue is you can hear the 2 wav file at the same time.

Thanks,

STASH

Hello,
The problem I am having is the same one as above. I need the intro prompt to finish and then the MOH start because... My client wants the customer/caller to think they are being picked up within the first 5 or 6 rings. The intro prompt is a ring tone (actually 3 ring tones) that the caller hears. Then we want the MOH to play.
However, because the MOH randomly starts when a caller gets into the queue and because the MOH repeats, I can't put the ringing at the beginning of the MOH.
My solution was to make two queues. One lasts 7 seconds and the MOH is a ring tone. If an agent is free, the caller thinks an agent picked up the call within a few rings. If an agent doesn't pick up the caller, the caller goes to the second queue which is the regular MOH. The problem with this is it takes 2 seconds to go from the first queue to the second. That's 2 extra seconds the caller has to be waiting (possibly).
Any other thoughts?
Thanks in advance,

Adam

Reactions: MMDTerry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.