Call queue - calls being lost

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alan.floyd, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan.floyd

We have 3Cx setup on a Windows 2003 server. Calls come in via VOIP, ISDN and a Portech GSM gateway. Currently all calls are routed to a queue with a dummy extension (never logs in) with a time out to a ring group. This is because 3CX does not have a ring all from a call queue (there are many posts about this workaround).

Everything works fine - most of the time. But occasionally, a call seems to get stuck in the queue - the caller hears the MOH but no phones ring in the call group. After the queue timeout, they hear a message saying 'trying to connect your call' and then the phones ring. All extensions are set to 'Use Phone status and the extensions are mult-line Linksys phones.

It doesnt seem to matter what the origin of the call is (ISDN, GSM etc) nor the time of day nor how busy it is. Its very difficult to get a copy of the server log because we dont always know its happening. However, because of the message it seems clear that the call is in the queue, but 3CX isnt getting around to calling the ringgroup.

Anyone had a problem like this before?

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

What are the specs of the box that is sending calls to Narnia?
    Are you running Virtualization ?

I have only seen this happen when there is insufficient resources for 3CX to work with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alan.floyd

3cx is running SBS2003SBS SP2 on a Dell PE2900 dual core with 4Gb RAM. I was concerned about running it on a server, but some of the posts here suggested it would be the best way to go. The CPU utilisation rarely goes above 20% and generally runs at single % levels. Its not virtualised. The server is utilised as a file server for 20 users, and the same number of phones.

The ISDN card is installed on the same server, as recommended, and is a Sangoma A101 card. One thing I've found out since my last message is that Sangoma Netborder Express is reporting the following error:

"PSTN Audio TX driver buffer underrun. Occurs if the application is too slow to provide audio to the Sangoma driver"

Would this indicate that the 3Cx may be having problems keeping up?

The service priority for each of the 3Cx services is set to normal. Should these be re-prioritised? Does the spec seem sufficient to you?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is a "support case". Could you please open support ticket and provide additional information.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.