Call Queue doesn't signal all Agents after Forwarding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DolbySR, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DolbySR

Hi there!

We have a really strange thing going on here...
    Call Flow is as Follows: Someone calls the DID for Extension X. X's phone rings for about 15 seconds until the forwarding rule is applied. This rule sends the call to a Queue in which X is an Agent. The Queue is configured as Ring All, has 9 Agents in total and nothing special.
    Problem is: X's phone doesn't ring after the call has been forwarded to the Queue. If someone calls the DID for another extension in this queue, this phone rings normally, the call will get forwarded to the queue after 15 seconds and then only the other phones ring but not the phone which got called initially.

Can anyone help?

Regards
    Patrick

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You cant forward agents' extensions to other numbers, the queue call will skip them.
    If you want to forward an agent's extension to external number and still to receive queue calls, you must select 'ring my mobile simultaneously' and set external number as mobile for this extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DolbySR

If i understand the scenario correctly what you are describing should work. Since the call was not answered by the extension and it was forwarded to the queue the extension should ring if available and logged in.

What version PBX are you on and how is the forwarding configured?

4. DolbySR

Hello Yiannis

The PBX is Version 15.5.1694.0 and the forwarding is configured as shown in the screenshot attached to this reply.
    External Calls are being routed via an IVR which, usually, contains an empty WAV file (used for special announcements). This IVR always forwards to the Queue 802 (see other attachment).

Regards
    Patrick

Attached Files:

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The way you initially describe the scenario , it sounds as if you are using a ring group and not a queue. If a call is sent to a queue, it doesn't ring all of the sets within the queue as it would a ring group. The call will go to one agent based on the criteria set, and not necessarily the one that the call forwarded from.

#5 leejor, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  6. DolbySR

It is a queue though with "Ring All" as a polling strategy.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I do not see anything wrong with your configuration and since the extension has forwarded the call to the queue, that extensions should also ring if it is a member of that queue and is logged in and available. I have replicated your scenario and it works for me as intended. I am testing on V15.5.6354.2 however. Can you upgrade to the latest version and let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.