Call Queue Licensing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nathanmsaunders, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanmsaunders

Hi Guys,

is there information about call queue licensing?

i currently have a test pbx setup with 4 concurrent calls.

when i create a call group and dial that group externally my 4 handsets ring and the current concurrent call shows at 1 call however if i setup the same handsets as a call queue and dial that call queue externally it uses all 4 concurrent calls.

is this normal how does the call queue licensing work?

#1 nathanmsaunders, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @nathanmsaunders

First of all the number you see on the dashboard as number of calls in use counts call legs not simultaneous calls that count towards your license.You can exceed that number.
    Now if you use a ring group then one call is being used out of your license.
    In the queues this is different because the queue manager actually answers the call. So it uses 1 simultaneous call for the answered call and 1 for polling the agents in the queue. When the call is answered by an agent then this drops down to 1 again.
    It doesn't matter how many agents are in the queue.

3. nathanmsaunders

With the queue manager if 1 call license is being used with the call itself and the polling is dialing 8 handsets in the queue so the total call count is 9 however I have a license of 4 what's happens next

Do new inbound calls get rejected?

Say for example it takes 1 minutes for the call to be answer and it's polling for 1 minute will the phone system reject new calls as technically the license is all used

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have 1 call waiting in the queue then you are using 2 simultaneous calls out of your license. It does not matter how many agents are polled in the queue. If no other calls are active at that time then you have another 2 simultaneous calls to use.

5. nathanmsaunders

Perfect thanks for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.