Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call queue login/logoff rights

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by MultipliesStijn, Aug 24, 2016.

1. MultipliesStijn

a client of our has multiplies users in different queues (sales / technical support)
    Sometimes certain users logoff from a single or both queues so that they can sit at their desk without having to take calls.

We want the ability to manage the rights per user or per queue so that only the manager and/or the schedueler can log off users. That way users wouldn't be able wouldn't be able to dodge the queue.

This feature is something i think we should be able to set as per user and per queue. That way you can give the rights to the whole queue to logoff or you'll be able to deny it to a certain user.

Example: User1 Hates technical support but is that queue. User1 logs himself off of the queue whenever he has the chance so that he does not have to answer the technical questions.

Kind regards,

Stijn

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is just as easily accomplished with a Policy and/or management intervention. Run some queue reports and give them to the manager. I've had a couple of clients that had similar scenarios that we solved managerially. I'm not sure a technical solution exists for this yet, hence your idea. The ability for users to selectively log out of queues probably does need to be a permission.

3. Tertius

This can be done with the use of the the Call Control and Phone APIs. What version are you using at the moment?

Our clients also require this in multiple queueus.

4. MultipliesStijn

Client is using 3cx V14. SP3 and uses 3cxPhone with Jabra headsets.
    so blocking the rights to logoff would be handy on the 3cxphone app itself too. (graying out the logout or removing it all together)