• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Queue Manager turns off when computer is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretgardens

Reaction score
Is it normal for call queue manager to turn off when computer is off? If yes then why don't it forward the calls to the voice mail? I've set up the queue to forward to an extension voice mail out of office hours and if no one is logged into queue but with the queue manager turning off each time i turn the computer off it is not possible. I want customers to leave a message, i make calls forward to my call queue not the auto attendant. Any ideas on how i can fix this? When customers call and the computer is off the message they hear is "nobody is available to take your call, goodbye. Then it hangs up.

Which computer is off? The 3CX Server?

Yes the 3cx server.

The 3cx server is the one that is off, i am new to 3cx and was wondering instead of it saying "no one is available, good bye" if i can set it to voice mail. Is that possible with queue manager turning off each time i shut down.

EPIC !!!! :) You cracked me here :) No offence but this request is one I have never seen before. I am confused here because you seem to be serious about this.

Joking apart - This is a server product. A server does not go off. Does your telco ever decide to switch of your landlines? No right. Otherwise you will have unreliable service.

If you are comparing 3CX to your mobile phone, you cannot. When your mobile is off, it is not the functionality of the mobile that sends people to voicemail but it is the functionality of the telco provider that when it sees no signal from your mobile, it transfers you to THEIR VOICEMAIL BOX Service.

This is like asking whether your windows OS can still run when the computer is turned off. How can you ever imagine that a windows service can run with the computer off? I really hope I have misunderstood your post on this.

Lol i didn't know, i am really new to this and surprise i got it running myself. Well i love the 3cx phone system, works great, guess i have to leave the computer on. The prompt that says no one is available to take your call, can i edit it? This is my last question. :D

hey,

As regards to the prompts yes you can create your own or edit if you have the software to do so. As long as they are in the proper format, .wav 16 Bit Mono PCM 8Khz. And name them appropriately. You can find the list by going to Settings Node > System Prompts in the Management Console. The actual location of the prompts is C:\Program Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\prompts.

Good luck!

Nate

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.