Call Queue - Option to Leave VM while Holding

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joshua Stump, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua Stump

I've found various old solutions to this. Adding a dummy extension, etc. All seem to remove users from queue and place back in at the end.

Another option was to hit * to get menu. I'm on V15.. if I hit * during a queue, I get three beeps and a hang up...

Does anyone have a working solution to this? It seems like this should be a built in function that's part of the announcement for queue position...

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Joshua,

When you hit the '*' during a queue the system sends your call to the destination if not answer. Under queue settings on "Destination if no answer" you can choose any destination that suits on your requirement, in your case you need to choose "Voicemail box for Extension".

upload_2017-3-13_17-43-12.png

Joshua Stump likes this.
  3. Joshua Stump

Thanks.

Would be nice to have this as a feature during announce that allowed us to specify what that option did separate from the "Destination if" option.

4. Erik Dupuis

Agreed.

We would be interested in having an additional option, similar to the Callback feature, with a separate DTMF keypress or time delay to play a voice prompt, and destination option (for example to leave a voicemail message, or transfer to another extension for call escalation).

Currently to acheive this, we must wait for the queue to timeout (could be upwards of 20-30 minutes) to send the caller to an IVR after FULL timeout, giving them the option to press a DTMF key to leave a voicemail for a dummy extensions, and another DTMF key to re-enter the queue. If effect by doing this, the caller loses their sequence in the queue since they are re-entering the queue from scratch, and we see this as a lost call, causing our call report stats to be skewed. I understand they may already be skewed since the SAL has been breached, but we enter a situation of double call volumes and double reporting for the same caller. This is very unsatisfactory to the caller, and has likely led to potential business losses on our sales queues when hold times were unacceptable, or when a caller re-entered the queue more than once.

Feature request if there is enough community support?

kenari likes this.
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Joshua Stump
    You include this into your music on hold or use the intro prompt to tell the callers that if they want to drop out of the queue they can press * to leave a voicemail

@Erik Dupuis
    You can post this a feature request to the ideas section of the forum so it can be upvoted by the community and our developer team can find it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.