Call Queue - Option to leave VM

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alchemy, Dec 20, 2016.

Call Queue - Option to leave VM 5 5 7votes
5/5, 7 votes

1. alchemy

Hi 3CX,
    As a new partner and user of 3CX, there are a few things we're missing in comparison to our old Panasonic PBX (and I mean old).

One of the main two, is that I need an option for a customer, who's impatiently waiting in a call queue, to be able to press a DTMF button to quit and leave us a voicemail. This may well tie in with the call queue/group voicemail posts, but I don't even mind if this uses the "Destination if no answer" function at the moment...!

Essentially, we'd rather receive a voicemail from a customer, rather than an abandoned call.

I'll post my other idea up separately.

Thanks,

Dan

jlinds likes this.
  2. humanism

This actually already exists. Press * during a queue to be dumped to the "destination if no answer". It actually states this above the option.

3. alchemy

Thanks for the response humanism.

This doesn't show up above my "Destination if no answer" settings:

upload_2017-2-15_9-54-2.png

Though this DOES work, it frustratingly marks the call as abandoned, so as an option for customers to leave a message rather than waiting, it's not abandoned for the reasons I need the abandoned counter to count!

4. JamesIOH

I have similar issues with this feature:
    1. no clarity on abandoned calls that have selected to go to voicemail by clicking *.
    2. when the caller clicks star they go to a voicemail inbox of an extension, but no option to have distinct voicemail for queue exit options.
    eg: if no agent available, then queue intro prompt is not triggered and user goes straight to VM prompt, which needs to thus welcome them and state company name. If caller exits queue by pressing *, and goes to VM then caller has already listened to queue intro and thus needs NOT to have welcome message, but just a message about what info to leave.

#4 JamesIOH, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. bohnhoff

we have the cusomer request, to use a different Voicemail by pressing "*", not the Voicemail for Destination no answer.
    And much better: also Change the "*" in a number.
    The customer Needs the 2 Voicemail to differentiate the "message" for his customers, because pressing "*" is not: we can't connect you, please leave a message.

6. Dan Pugh

our customer wants to be able to press "1" while queuing to leave a callback message (they dont want a an automated callback as they want to know who will callback based on the message left by their customer).
    They already have this featue on their current phonesystem and spent a lot on professionally recorded prompts for their old system

it looks like you can implement a call flow in the queue which maybe allows this, but i cant find any example of call flows with queues to implement this...

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

You could set your "destination if no answer" to route to a CFD extension. Remember this destination is used when (1) a caller has exceeded the maximum hold time, or (2) there are no agents in the queue, or (3) the caller pressed * to exit the queue. The CFD could play a generic message similar to "Thank you for calling our support group. No agents are available to take your call at this time" They already know what company they called, so I don't think you need anything more detailed than something like the above. The CFD application then could offer options including: "To request a callback pres 1, to leave a voicemail press 2, to take a survey press 3, to transfer to the operator press 4". That should work for all three scenarios. If the caller chooses the option to request a callback, the CFD can control how that happens. For example, it could simply send an email, or update a web page that shows the list of people who have requested a callback, or it could feed into a dialer that performs the callback. Once you get the caller to a CFD the options are almost endless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Dan Pugh

Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately that doesn't help at all.
    Currently we have a test auto-attendant
    When they press star it will go to voicemail with custom greeting which is what you described.

However the customer wants this to happen when the customer presses 1 in the queue.
    Telling them to press star means they have to redo all their (expensive) professionally recorded prompts.

Also they potentially want button 2 to do something else ...

9. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Unfortunately, as you already know, this is not possible in 3CX queues. They will have to re-record their prompts. I can't speak for 3CX, but I would be very surprised if 3CX offered new queue features in a timeframe that works for your customer (if at all).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Dan Pugh

Well my thinking was

1. There is the call flow/vad option in queues - is it possible to use this to make it work

2. I thought this was the ideas/feature request section and adding my request with an example scenario of where this option would be useful (if added in the future).

11. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Dan,

This is absolutely the right place to share ideas and 3CX does monitor this forum to get feedback/ideas for future enhancements. However, we also try to offer ways to accomplish what you are looking for with existing capabilities too.

In answer to your first question, no a CFD application will not make it possible to add additional user selectable options to an agent queue. Keep in mind that you do NOT use the same queue for both agents and to host a CFD application. They have to be separate queues.

12. Dan Pugh

But there is the option on the queue to upload a call flow/package??

13. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Call Flow Designer applications have to be hosted somewhere within 3CX and they (3CX) elected to use queues as that location. It is a curious choice, but I'm sure there is some future reason for why they selected queues rather than Digital Receptionists (which is where VAD applications were previously hosted).

Regardless, if you upload a CFD to a queue, it becomes a single-purpose queue that cannot be used in the traditional sense of adding agents. Rather, you use one queue to host your CFD and a separate queue for distributing calls to agents. They must be separate queues.

In 3CX version 14 and prior, the old Voice Application Designer (VAD) applications were listed under Digital Receptionists. That actually made more sense to my little brain. Moving the CFD applications to queues is a little less intuitive for me, but Ernesto, the primary developer of the CFD, is a smart fellow so it will be interesting to discover what future plans they have for CFD applications and why they moved them to queues.

14. Dan Pugh

Thank you - that makes sense and explains a lot. I did most of my vad stuff on the older version before it was re-released in 15.

In my mind I was thinking you could have a simple flow that would have a loop containing wait for dtmf input that transfers to xxx. While the flow is running the call is queuing/ringing agents and playing hold music - it all seemed so plausible.

Fingers crossed this feature is added in the future as it will add considerable flexibility.

E.g. press 1 to leave a message with sales, press 2 to get a callback, press 3 to hear your balance, 4 to enter your priority support pin number and raise an escalated issue (triggers voicemail to email -> text manager)

Thanks for explaining