Call Queue - Option to leave VM

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alchemy, Dec 20, 2016.

Call Queue - Option to leave VM 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. alchemy

Hi 3CX,
    As a new partner and user of 3CX, there are a few things we're missing in comparison to our old Panasonic PBX (and I mean old).

One of the main two, is that I need an option for a customer, who's impatiently waiting in a call queue, to be able to press a DTMF button to quit and leave us a voicemail. This may well tie in with the call queue/group voicemail posts, but I don't even mind if this uses the "Destination if no answer" function at the moment...!

Essentially, we'd rather receive a voicemail from a customer, rather than an abandoned call.

I'll post my other idea up separately.

Thanks,

Dan

jlinds likes this.
  2. humanism

This actually already exists. Press * during a queue to be dumped to the "destination if no answer". It actually states this above the option.

3. alchemy

Thanks for the response humanism.

This doesn't show up above my "Destination if no answer" settings:

upload_2017-2-15_9-54-2.png

Though this DOES work, it frustratingly marks the call as abandoned, so as an option for customers to leave a message rather than waiting, it's not abandoned for the reasons I need the abandoned counter to count!

4. JamesIOH

I have similar issues with this feature:
    1. no clarity on abandoned calls that have selected to go to voicemail by clicking *.
    2. when the caller clicks star they go to a voicemail inbox of an extension, but no option to have distinct voicemail for queue exit options.
    eg: if no agent available, then queue intro prompt is not triggered and user goes straight to VM prompt, which needs to thus welcome them and state company name. If caller exits queue by pressing *, and goes to VM then caller has already listened to queue intro and thus needs NOT to have welcome message, but just a message about what info to leave.

#4 JamesIOH, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. bohnhoff

we have the cusomer request, to use a different Voicemail by pressing "*", not the Voicemail for Destination no answer.
    And much better: also Change the "*" in a number.
    The customer Needs the 2 Voicemail to differentiate the "message" for his customers, because pressing "*" is not: we can't connect you, please leave a message.