• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Queue Overflow to Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
Is it possible to somehow have overflow calls in a queue connect to another office over a bridge? If one office is understaffed and the other overstaffed, we'd like to be able to send extra calls to the overstaffed office.

I tried creating a dummy extension in the queue which forwards to the second office but that didn't work. The other option I looked at is the "destination if no answer" but that doesn't really fit the need.

Is there some other way to do this?

Hello @TSlocum

the way to add a agent from a remote bridge to a queue is with a dummy extension. first you create a dummy extension, enable ring my mobile simultaneously, Add the dummy extension into the queue and log him in. Then set the remote extension number as the dummy's mobile number (including the prefix if any).

That worked! Thank you! If we want more than one overflow available, would I need to create a couple dummy extensions?

Yes that is correct. Glad to hear it worked

Would the "I want to accept more than 1 call" option work to have multiple calls go through one dummy extension?

No that option does not apply for queues, only for calling the extension directly. If the extension is busy with a queue call the queue will just poll the next agent.

for a queued call that is forwarded through a bridge via a dummy extension, would that call be using 2 licenses, one for the incoming call and one for the transfer? also, is there an easy way for the remote extension to log the dummy extension in and out of the queue?

would that call be using 2 licenses,

In your case the master PBX need 1 call license from incoming call and at slave side PBX another call license for incoming.

is there an easy way for the remote extension to log the dummy extension in and out of the queue?

You have two options.
First option: you can register to the dummy extension through 3CX client and dial the LoggedIn/LoggedOut code and then unregister from it.
Second option: you can change the status through management console, management console -> extension -> click on dummy extension -> change status LoggedIn/LoggedOut from a queue.

Thank you GiannosC_3CX for the helpful info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.