• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Queue - Phone Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

voglsafe

Reaction score
Hi,

this might be a very obvious configuration but I'm going to get depressive because it doesn't work the way I want.
We have some agents here. 10 People have to be in a queue, depending on our internal arrangement.
One of them is the "prime" another one is the backup agent. Means, if the first one is not on his desk or not able to take a call, the backup agent should get the call.

This can't be done with one queue because there is no polling strategy for this. Who is prim and backup is something that we know, but not the 3cx System. prioritized hunt does not work because I would have to change the order of the agents every week.

1. I thought about seting up 2 queues with all agents. Depending on what he should be, he has to Login in the correct Queue. As I found out, there is just a Login/logout functionality. So, I can not specify the Groups.

2. What I tried next is, Forward the call, depending on the Status (available, out of Office, albailable 2..) to the other Queue. That just works for externals and internal calls, but not if the call is comming from the Queue itself.

Is that really so abnormal? How can I realise such a "backup" szenario?

Hello @voglsafe
To login to individual queues you need to use the 3CX client and make use of the switchboard. When an agent is a member of a queue he can login to a specific queue by selecting the queue from the switchboard and right clicking on his name allows the user to login or out a specific queue. Please note that if you use the switchboard to login to a queue you have to use the switchboard to log out.
Hope this helps

Hi YiannisH,

that would be really awesom. Unfortunately it seems that I don't have this mentioned option. Right click on my extension allows me to call it, send a mail or call the mobile number. Right click on another extension provides me some more Features, but None of them let me call them in or out a queue.
Should that already work in client 15.0.60903.0 with server 15.0.59381.0?

Yes it should work although i would recommend upgrading to the latest stable version.
Is your switchboard different that the one in the screenshot below?

Attachments

• 2017-05-02_14h54_23.png
    2017-05-02_14h54_23.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
It looks similar to your screenshot (see attachment).
I will do the update to the latest version and try it again. A way to configure the Options/rights for the switchboard isn't available, right?

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4
I saw that you are able to select the view q-Manager. I guess I will Need to Setup the Queue Manager extension number for that. Means also that this is not available without a pro key?
If so, is there another way to dial in a specific queue?

You do not need to be a manager to access that view or have a pro licence. You do need a commercial license though since queues are not available in the PBX edition licence.

Of course, we have a valid standard license. Very strange. I will let you know if the update could fix this.

I am very sorry for the confusion, i thought i was testing on a standard licence but it turns out it was a Pro. Yes explicit login and logout is only available on the Pro version as it the q-manager view. Again sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.