Call Queue - Prevent User Transfer Call to Self

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deanril@yahoo.com, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanril@yahoo.com

Hi Guys,

Need some help, On my 3cx V15(had been upgraded since v10) users in a queue can transfer the call to themselves. By either right clicking tranfer or dragging the call to themselves all of this in 3cx for windows cti mode.

User rights are only:

They do not have this one: Perform operations on active calls to group members (divert, transfer, pickup) or any below it.

I want to prevent them from grabbing calls from the queue and wait till phone rings. Basically they are grabbing the queue call that are meant to be distributed evenly which is set to :Longest Waiting for the queue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. deanril@yahoo.com

Another thought is in 3cxphone windows, limit the switchboard. Have the ability to set what they can use might help. Currently they have:
    User
    Receptionist
    Manager
    Q-Manager
    Wallboard

3. deanril@yahoo.com

Any answers on this?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Please note that those rights are group rights not queue rights. So if an agent is a member of a queue he can pick up a call ringing in the Queue.
    those rights do not affect calls ringing in the queue. Regarding the limitation of the switchboard i believe this is already raised as feature request in the ideas section that you can upvote.

5. deanril@yahoo.com

Hi,
    On one note in the queue options we have: Longest Waiting .

There are many other options which seem to dictate that the queue wants to be fair and distribute calls according to the option selected, in this case: Longest Waiting.

I just dont understand why options like this exist, because a queue member can grab any call any time. This option Longest Waiting, makes no sense without policy behind it making it so they can not just grab any call they want when they want. Causes me to be a police man.

Think about it, you want calls distributed evenly to your sales staff, but they have the ability to grab any call they want = this makes absolutely no sense.

Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.