• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call queue questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

techexperts33

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am having some difficulty getting my call queue to operate properly and am hoping someone here has some insight.

If there are no agents logged in, everything behaves properly (calls are transferred to an off site answering service).

If there are agents logged in, everything behaves properly (calls are routed appropriately).

Where I'm having trouble is in cases where:

- Agent leaves and forgets to log out
- Agent sets phone to DND

If an agent forgets to log out of the call queue, the call rings at their extension for the duration of the queue maximum wait time and does not hunt to the next agent. I have the ring timeout set to 30 seconds. From what I'm reading, it should move on to the next agent or the no answer route after 30 seconds. Do I have something set incorrectly?

Likewise if an agent sets their phone to DND, but are logged into the call queue, the same behavior occurs - the phone rings and rings until the maximum queue wait time is reached.

I think the issue here is that the DND button really should be set to change the extension status to unavailable. Perhaps I'm not understanding the difference between DND and unavailable.

Thanks for any insight you can offer,

Tom Fox

How are they setting themselves as DND? pressing a DND button on their phone? What phones are they using?

We're using a combination of SNOM 320 and SNOM 360 phones. They're pressing the DND button on their phone to make themselves unavailable.

Ok so forget I asked which phones. It doesn't matter, as the behavior is apparently as designed.

If at least one extension is logged in to the queue, whether set available or dnd or even not registered - the call will hold for the entire max wait time.

The "ring timeout" only applies if there are multiple extensions logged in to the queue. It will then apply the timeout and ring each extension for the timeout before moving to the next extension.

If all agents are DND, the incoming call will continue to ring - because the queue presumes that they are coming right back.

If ONLY ONE agent is logged in and available, it will continuously ring THAT phone for the entire wait time, because that person is the ONLY agent. With no other agents in the queue, it will ignore the ring timeout and only apply the max timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.