Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Queue - Ring Tone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ozaddy, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozaddy

Hi, I would like some advice. Firstly, I am a novice at 3CX but see its potential for my parents family business. We have moved away from PSTN and have purchased the 3CX Mini. We have 3 Cisco SPA504G phones and 2 Cordless Siemens C470IP phones. I have created a Queue, a Ring Group and a Digital Receptionist. The DR is used after hours to inform our customers of our opening hours. I was using a Ring Group that rang all the extensions at the same time until someone picked it up and basically ended the call after 30 seconds. What I wanted to do and have just setup is a queue. Our main numbers go to the Ring Group and if no one answers in 20 seconds, it goes to the Queue, with a prompted message about all us being on calls at the moment. I have all the extensions set to be logged in during office hours. The problem is sometimes we only have 1 person on the phone already or 1 person on the phone and another looking after a customer. When all phones rings as part of the Call Queue, I would like the ring tone to be quiet beeps instead? Or alternatively place the call onto the shared parking lines. Can this be done? I would appreciate any suggestions that you have.

Thanks, Adam

2. ozaddy

By the way, running latest 10 with SP 4 on Windows 7 Professional.

3. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi Adam,

Now I haven't tried it with a queue only with other internal extensions so I am not sure it will work properly and I don't even know if the Cisco's support this, I don't think they do but different ring tones for incoming internal calls is a phone option if it supports it, 3CX doesn't support different ring tones for different incoming calls. What we do is offer the Caller ID to tell you if a call is coming from a Ring Group and which Ring Group, or Queue or DID/DDI. The only way to do what you are asking is to have the operator physically place the call in shared parking. Otherwise it will sit in the queue ringing as normal until either the Queue timeout has occurred or the call is answered and then parked. If you have an idea like you mentioned, I suggest you post it here, 3cx.ideascale.com for peer/community review as a feature. Maybe someone has done something similar and can share with you but I don't see it being possible with your current hardware/setup.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.