Call Queue - Touch Tone Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lateralis_m, Oct 10, 2007.

1. lateralis_m

Is there a way to enable an inbound caller to press an option to forward the inbound called to voice mail, while the caller is holding in a call queue? For example, if an inbound caller is waiting in a call queue and they no longer want to wait, and they would prefer to leave a voice mail, is there a way to give the inbound caller this options?

I have setup a call queue and have the voice mail option setup to go to voice mail if the call queue wait time has been reached. I would also like to give our callers the option to go direct to voicemail while they are in the queue at any time they wish. Without this, we have noticed that clients often leave the queue by hanging up and are too frustrated to call back if they don't have a way to reach someone or to leave a message....

Please advise if anyone has a solution or workaround?

2. Ryandc

Add a virtual extension to the hold queue (for example, if your hold queue is extension 800, then create an extension 801).
    Unconditional forward extension 801 to your digital receptionist (extension 802).
    Extension 802 could play a message such as "If you'd like to leave a message with technical support, press 1. Otherwise, please hold on the line." Set the timeout rule for ten seconds; if the digital receptionist times out, then back to queue 800 (the original hold queue) they go.

The downside: if you have large hold queues, then this is going to reshuffle them. Otherwise, it should work fine.

3. lateralis_m

Thank you for your response...I am going to give this a try....I've set something up close to this, but this should close the loop...

Thanks again.

Norm