Call queue with menu options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kirk, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirk

Hi people i am desperatly trying to wrap my head around a function that i have been asked to implement.
    FYI i am using 3cx v8 professional 16sc.

I need to have a queue with the position announcement, but at the position annoucement it also needs to ask the question "press 1 to exit the queue and leave a voicemail or continue to hold for an operator" (or somthing along those lines).

i have thought of having the queue time out just after the repeat announcement time, diverting it to a digital receptionist (for the press 1 for voicemail function) and on THAT time out forwarding back to queue, the only problem this causes is that the queue position is lost and they go back to the end of the queue.

ARRRRRGGGG!!! please help
    p.s. i have downloaded VAD (and admitedly i have only had a brief look) but cannot see a way to achieve this that will not result in the same behaviour. if someone knows how to do this either in VAD or any other please let me know!!!!

2. kirk

Update!!

actualyy the simplest answer is staring you in the face, i just changed the prompt with my own recording saying "you are xx in the queue, press star (*) to leave a message or continue to hold for an operator"

and then set the timeout option (also default option if star is pressed) to go to a voicemail box.

DONE!!!!

(damn now there is an audio issue!! )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.