Call Queueing - 3Cx keeps putting a second call to in-use ex

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millsey, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi

We are getting wserious issues when our Reception gets busy. We have 2 phones which answer our incoming queue. WHen there is pressure on the phone sthe 3CX is sending second calls to in-use extensions and this causes existing calls to be cut off - although the phone thinks the call is still there.

we have checked all relevant settings and we have swapped the phones for Grandstream GXP2100 to Cisto SPA509g's and the problems still exists, I am ceratin that it is a 3CX problem not a hardware problem.

THis is costing us big - we had a 3CX reseller on site for about 6 hours int he last few days to get he phones changed and our clients are getting really hacked off!

This is logged as a ticket with 3CX but as usual they want a wireshark and I simply don't have time to sit there. Is anyone else getting this or has any idea what is happening? The obvious "I want to be able to take more than one call" and the advanced option for using the phone status are definitely correct!

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Re: Call Queueing - 3Cx keeps putting a second call to in-us

Hi,
    We set up a queue with calls being sent to two phones. The option "I want to accept more than 1 call" is disabled. This allows the queue to fully manage the inbound calls. The problem is that you need several calls to be able to be handled by the phone at the same time: 1 for the actual answered call, 1 to transfer that same call, plus 1 or two to place calls on hold. If you keep the queue timeout relatively short - then that gives calls the opportunity to retry the same phone. Alternatively, as there is another phone the call will be ringing on that one.

Does that help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. millsey

millsey New Member

Richard,

Not sure what you are saying, the option to accept more than one call is is disabled. We can transfer calls, put them on hold etc, without problems, the problem is that the 3CX is pushing a second queue call onto the phone and that second call is somehow breaking the status of the original call.

Our polling strategy is "Ring All" and as soon as one phone finishes a call, the queue call is immediately offered to that phone.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    Sorry for not understanding first time. I gather then that a call is being handled, transferred etc - and then another call comes in even though the option for multiple calls is disabled. I have not seen this happen with Yealink T26P phones, as that is the only one that I have used in that scenario. I suggest that you must take the trouble to do the wireshark and get it over to 3CX support. Can you use the "wrap up" time, to act as a guard interval before another call is presented? This is available in the call centre edition.

Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. millsey

millsey New Member

Thanks Richard, apologies if my first response was negative but we are under a lot of pressure to get this sorted. I have now got a sample wireshark to 3CX support and await their response. I think your suggestion of a wrap up time is possibly a big help, I am going to wait a little longer for 3CX to reply and if nto I will give a wrap of about 20 seconds.

Regards
    millsey

6. millsey

millsey New Member

Interestingly, due to shortage of staff, we had only had one person logged in to the queue and the problem was not occurring. When our lunchtime cover came in, and logged their phone in to the queue, the problem started again!

Brian

7. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Brian,
    That is strange. I hope that 3CX can see what is going on with the wireshark capture. Best of luck in getting it working.

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.