Call queues and away status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stuart.rendall, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart.rendall

I have discovered that if all members of a call queue have marked themselves as 'away' on the PBX using call assistant, incoming calls are still placed on the queue and wait for max queue wait time before getting passed on to the next stage.

This does not seem to happen if the extension is in the queue but is not registered.

It would be better if either the queue recognised 'away status' as unavailable rather than busy, or the 'away status button' on the call assistant logged the extension out of the queue as well.

I am also confused about the meaning of 'ring timeout' on the queue when there is only one queue member.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can use login/logout button to control agent's availability in the queue.
    if nobody will be logged in then call will go to No Answer destination.
    Away status can be used by queue agent to "wrap up" previous call without forwarding all awaiting calls to the No Answer destination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stuart.rendall

Thanks for that, I couldn't think of a good reason for it.
    However, I notice that if the extension is marked as available and logged into queues and then 'not registered' the queue will ignore it and send calls to No Answer destination,
    but
    if the extension is marked as away, left logged into queues and then 'not registered', incoming calls get held in the queue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.