Call queues and forwarding to mobile phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jjwerkman, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjwerkman

I'm member of a call queue A. My status is set so that when a call is made to queue A the call is forwarded to my cellphone. But when I didn't answer the call in, let's say, 30 seconds, the call needs to be forwarded to call queue B.
    I receive the call but after the 30 sec. the call is not forwarded to another queue. I set this up in de call queue (ring time / wait time) and in my extension (custom status profile).
    It looks like that the call is out of the queue as soon it is transmitted to a mobile phone.
    Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

While I am uncertain as to what version you have and the country or mobile carrier or how the incoming/outgoing service is accommodated (VoIP, PSTN, etc.) I suspect that it is more related to the cell carrier not providing any signaling back to 3CX. In other words, once the call has been handed off to the carrier, it is likely out of 3CX's hands and the carrier must provide the signaling back to 3CX in order for 3CX to know what next steps to take. When your cell first answered by ringing, it likely did take it out of the queue. In most cases a non-answer by the cell phone would have gone to the VMAIL of the cell phone.

There are some carriers that do provide signalling but most seem to be GSM systems located in Europe...or more precisely outside of the US. How calls are forwarded to get to the cell may also play a part. Keep in mind that your cell is not an extension of 3CX, but an external device that does not speak SIP. It needs the signaling in order to play nice.

3. jjwerkman

Thanks for your answer. I'm out of de US (Netherlands), so you should think it should work. Strange thing is that even when I choose to ring my deskphone and mobilephone at the same time, as soon as my mobile starts to ring the one on my desk stops ringing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, likely so, because from a 3CX perspective the cell carrier accepted the call. It was this point that the desk phone quit. Again, it depends on the signalling that the carrier is passing back to 3CX by which 3CX makes its decisions. If you have wireshark, you can run a capture and see the SIP messaging and see what is actually transpiring.

5. tech27

This thread has a possible solution and links to the "idea" / feature request: http://www.3cx.com/forums/external-agent-extension-connect-prompt-39362.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.