Call Queues and regular prompts / greetings

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by r.towle, May 26, 2016.

Call Queues and regular prompts / greetings 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. r.towle

Within a call queue, a really useful feature would be to have additional prompts which could be played to the caller at either set or custom times in the call. For instance, if they are on hold for 5 minutes, we could then play another prompt saying "if you want to keep holding, please continue to do so - if not - press X to leave a message"

Also - it could be used for marketing such as: Every 1 minute, play a different greeting such as "did you know, you could log a support ticket at......." or "for updates on x, y and z, please check our website", or "why not subscribe to our twitter feed?" etc etc....

comms1 likes this.
  2. Andrzej Pierscionek

I'm getting question about this from every customer using queues. It's quite unpleasant surprise for them that it's not possible.

3. Andrzej Pierscionek

Well, technically I think I can do this.
    If I create a special prompt set just for this queue and switch all numbers\*.wav to silence and queue_tobe_connected.wav to silence then I could use your_at_position.wav to play message instead of position in queue with option "Announce Queue position to caller". I would be announcing my message instead of position.
    Haven't checked it yet as it will be a bit of work...

Edit:
    I can confirm that this works.

#3 Andrzej Pierscionek, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017