• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Queues - Announce Queue Position can't do simple math?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptime1

Customer
Reaction score
3CX v14 SP2 Multi-Tenant

I find that only the Call Queues "Ring All" Polling Strategy accurately announces a caller's queue position. All the other polling strategies say "you are at position 1 in this queue. Please wait to be connected."

The miscalculation happens with as few as two Agent extensions as members of the call queue and their phones are registered. When only one agent extension is actively registered, the announced priority count is correct.

Can you all test your installs to verify, please?

Actually the announcement is correct as it counts waves. Let me try and explain.

If you have a Queue with 5 agents, out of which 2 are available. When the Caller A calls into the Queue they are at position 1 and their calls starts polling Available Agent A. Now if before Available Agent A answers the call, Caller B calls into the Queue and they start polling Available Agent B.

Seeing that both calls are at the polling stage, they are both a Queue position 1.

With Ring All this does not apply because each caller rings all available agents so all next callers will have to wait.

Okay, what will callers 3, 4 and 5 hear when the first two calls have not yet been answered?

I expect callers 3 & 4 will hear they are priority #2 and the 5th caller will hear they are priority #3?

When agents 1 & 2 answer the first two calls, respectively, callers 3, 4 & 5 hear an announcement that decrements their priority by 1?

Oh, I see (hear) now. The first two callers hear "you are position 1" (because those calls are ringing on Agents 1 & 2 phones) and the third, fourth and fifth callers hear you are position 2, 3 and 4, respectively.

Although, this kills my very creative workaround of customizing agents phones to simultaneously accept multiple incoming calls from a Call Queue. :-(

I was very far along in customizing several phone templates to configure multiple line key accounts buttons as additional extensions (in my case 10 additional extensions). But, with the way that 3CX calculates the caller's position in the queue, adding those additional extensions results in all callers being told they are position 1 (the customer will never have more than 10 callers).

Regrettably, the Call Queues Announce Queue position to caller feature is realistically unusable until 3CX makes Call Queues capable of ringing one phone on multiple lines. In fact, without the ability to advise the caller of their place in line, Call Queues are pretty much the same as Ring Groups.

From what I hear, multiple calls per Agent might be coming as a feature, but I wouldn't go as far as saying Queues are Ring Groups. Queue at the moment allow for callers to be stacked (waiting in the Queue) whereas Ring Groups do not. Also, although the Queue position counting might not be suitable for your setup, it does work. Other features like intro prompts, Music on Hold, statistics, extra polling strategies, and more do not exist in Ring Groups.

While I agree with you that improvements can still be made, I wouldn't go as far as saying "Call Queues are pretty much the same as Ring Groups"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.