Call Queues - Announce Queue position to caller in different languages

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by BesOn, Dec 7, 2016.

Call Queues - Announce Queue position to caller in different languages 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. BesOn

Jan 21, 2016

We have working IVR right now on Asterisk system. We're planning to migrate it on 3CX. Project built by 3CX VAD. But we faced one interesting problem. Announcing queue position only in one language. I can select English Prompts Set or Russian. But unable to use both language in same time.

My idea is - possibility to add 2 or more prompts for announcing. And put interval 3 seconds between languages switching.

Customer waiting on line, and listening - You're 3 on queue, after 3 seconds passed it says same sentence but with seconds language, Russian for instance - "Ваша позиция 3 в очереди" and so on.

Asterisk or Genesys have functions like this. Which language you choose, this language will tell you about queue position.

I hope 15 version will have this function, because our current IVR on 3 languages and using announcement on 1 language is not proper.

We wrote about this question in support already and received this answer:

Andreas Andreou

Thank you for contacting 3CX Support.
    Unfortunately you cannot two different languages in the system prompts, as this follows the language of the system prompts, that being said you can post it as an idea in our ideas page and all posts are reviewed by the appropriate department, you can find our ideas page in the following link:

Following this suggestion I wrote here.

Best Regards,
    Vagif likes this.
  2. Vagif

Dec 10, 2016

Great idea my friend!
  3. ghalan

Nov 27, 2013

My question :
    "If I configure many call queues/depending the user language, I loose the caller incomming order, and i have only one agent to receive those incoming calls."

Answer from support :
    > Actually this is not entirely true. By the time you have only one agent answering calls, what you can do is create multiple Queues, each one with its own Language Prompt in its settings and with the same Agent-Extension in it. For all queues set the polling strategy to "Ring All". What will happen is that even if you have calls waiting in multiple Queues, it will still be a first-come-first-serve across all Queues.
    The added bonus of this, on the display of the phones, you would also see the Queue name, which you could have set to also include the language, so the Agent would know what language to answer the call in.