Call Queues - Progress tone rather than hold music

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sean Glasspool, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Sean Glasspool

Hi All,

Per my title, is it possible to play a typical progress or ringing tone rather than the queue immediately playing hold music?

The reason for this, is there can be a perception that when hold music is played people are paying for the call. (We all know they are at this point) however with a progress tone people on pre-pay phones are more likely to hold on.

While I appreciate that there is the call back feature and this will be implemented, other than uploading a music file that plays a local progress tone can it be altered?

Thanks!

Sean

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, in reality, since the call has been answered, if that is how their calling plan is structured, they are paying for it. It's rather unfair, to trick people into hanging on, if their instinct is to hang up and try later, perhaps when you have more staff available, to avoid call charges.

One big problem with playing ring-back rather than music, is that the majority of callers expect that after 5, or 6 rings, someone is going to answer. They picture a phone, ringing somewhere. If it continues too long, people may feel ignored, give up, and hang up anyway. They may not realise that their call is on hold, in a queue, and that it may take more than a minute or two, to speak to someone.

You would have to replace the music file with a recording of ring-back tone. However, this may be played for other call types (putting a caller on hold), not just queues.

Others may have some alternative suggestions.

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Within the queue settings, change the Music on Hold to be USProgresstone.wav

Queue music can be changed to anything you want, as long as the wav file conforms to 3CX wav format https://www.3cx.com/docs/converting-wav-file/

#3 Saqqara, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  4. Sean Glasspool

Thanks for the replies.

I fully understand the implications, moral dilemmas etc.

Does anyone have a repository of Progress Tones to download? In particular, New Zealand Progress tones :)

My Google Foo has failed me..............

Cheers

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member