Call Queues pushing * Voice Mail issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by maatata, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maatata

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with the 3CX call queues. I have 2 call queues. following is the call route:

call comes in -> IVR plays -> redirects to queue 1 -> waits 1 min in queue 1 and if no answer -> redirect to queue 2 -> waits 2 min in queue 2

My issue is when the caller pushes * while waiting in the queue it should redirect the caller to voice mail to leave a message but we can't identify to what extension voice mail it should redirect it to.

it does play leave voice mail prompt but after leaving voice mail I don't know where that voice mail is to listen to.

I need to access that voice mail and email it as attachment to specific email address.

It seems this cannot be achieved with the current 3CX phone system having multiple queues. So the * to leave voice mail is useless then as it's not working.

If anyone knows how I can achieve this please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Pressing * used to take you off to the operator extension, or, their Voicemail if not registered.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Actually, when a caller is in a Queue and they press *, they are immediately taken to the "Destination if no answer" of that Queue.

Now the VMails that are left are in the VMail box of the extension you have in the "Destination if no answer". Do you have an extension registered to that extension?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.