Call Record, drop, etc

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by site, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. site

Am I missing something, or does the only way to give users the ability to manage their calls in the 3CX Windows Phone involve giving the user/group the "Perform Operations" right? Why on earth does this entail all of the operations of transfer/divert/record, etc. lumped into 1 right??? I do not want to give users the ability to record calls (yes, i know I can hide the calls from them if they do record them, but that is just sloppy design). I also do not want to give someone the ability to Drop a call for any call that is active in the system. This just seems crazy! Please let me know if I'm the only one seeing these design flaws. I just want simple management that will let users perform their jobs.

2. kevin

kevin Member

@site

Your post seems to be specifically about managing the user's capability to RECORD calls, to manage those recordings, and the fact that this functionality is bundled together with other functionality.

In 3CX Phone System V12, the RECORDING function has its own separate control checkboxes OUTSIDE the "rights" page, and are in fact inside the "3CX Phone" tab.

The way I understand your post, with V12 you should be able to achieve what you wish, which seems to be the ability to allow/restrict recording functionality for a user, without any dependency on other functionality present in the system.

If I have misunderstood the question, please open a support case on the 3CX Support Portal so we can investigate more closely your symptoms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. site

I will go ahead and open a case, but while I understand on the 3CXPhone tab, the ability to allow a user to see recordings and to allow a user to then be able to delete those recordings is available, that doesn't stop the user from being able to make the recordings. That being said, it wouldn't be as much of a problem if there was a way to configure it so a user could only record their own conversations, but in order to allow a user to be able to transfer, pickup calls, etc using the presence screen, users AUTOMATICALLY have the ability to RECORD calls for other active calls in the system. We want them to be able to see the active calls, but why on earth would then need the ability to RECORD those calls, or at a minimum, that should be a right we should be able to manage. Obviously, with the settings of not allowing them to see the recordings, they cannot access those recordings, but the fact any employee could right click on a conversation of ANY other user, owner, etc and record that call, it is very uneasy that that call would be then sitting on the system.

Hopefully that explains my issue more than I explained it before. And while I usually wouldn't say this would be an issue for most, it was one of the owners of one of the companies I support who pointed this "feature" out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.