• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Progress Call Recording Advanced features required

krome

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
it will be great if we can have the following feature in the future updates:

- Distinguished calls recording for intern and external lines such as SIP trunk calls recording only.
- multi level privilege call recordings access portal to give access for different user on selection based extension.
- another advanced features required.

Upvote 79
Totally agree. It is necessary to identify who user play recordings and disable possibility to delete them. There is not reason to enable deletion of recordings from web interface.

Some recording features/rights:

1) Audit users who access recordings
2) Disable deletion rights for web users
3) Search by range of date and time (Lost feature on V15)
4) Listen from web or softphone without download recordings to client PC. To protect customer information, some companies needs that audio files do not save on users PCs

It would be good to write a SIP trunk , not the user.

Totally agreed with krome and jhonku.
We have clientes who get used to filter recordings by date and then this feature dissapears, this is not good.
paraus i did not understand your comment.

Reactions: icns01
Totally agree. It is necessary to identify who user play recordings and disable possibility to delete them. There is not reason to enable deletion of recordings from web interface.

4) Listen from web or softphone without download recordings to client PC. To protect customer information, some companies needs that audio files do not save on users PCs

Totally agree with you, jhonku. Limiting access to recordings is more manageable than constantly monitoring who deleted what. I also vote for the restriction on users to download the recordings.

I agree. Being able to choose record all or only SIP Trunk calls or only internal would be nice.

We need this feature asap

I agree in the need to improve the call recordings, major headache for Clients because the Select All calls has been removed in v15.
(and using the Ctrl button to select multiple calls one by one is not the same as Select All as Support recommended)

Requirements/fixes for call recordings:
1. Call recordings view lists dates in US format instead of Regional settings.
2. No option to select all calls for download.
3. The stored call recordings file names are GMT date format instead of the Regional settings. This makes it difficult for the user to easily identify the actual call date once the calls have been downloaded locally, at the very least download a CSV/XLS report with the downloaded calls for the call history and filename association.

3cx is a great product, but when you remove features instead of adding and improving them, frustrates Customers and your resellers...

I also totally agree.

In particular, the ability to play the recordings via a browser or soft-phone is really needed. Its nice that 3cx has a free call recording feature, but there is much room for improvement in terms of how these recordings are accessed.

3CX please respond.
Thank you.

Reactions: JPB
T
it will be great if we can have the following feature in the future updates:

- Distinguished calls recording for intern and external lines such as SIP trunk calls recording only.
- multi level privilege call recordings access portal to give access for different user on selection based extension.
- another advanced features required.

All good points but I am particularly interested in the multiple privilege levels for accessing recordings. Linking this to group/user level permissions makes more sense than to the admin credentials.

Reactions: Chris Hackett
T

All good points but I am particularly interested in the multiple privilege levels for accessing recordings. Linking this to group/user level permissions makes more sense than to the admin credentials.

I too am interested in the permissions on the call recordings, it would be nice to have the manager for each group having access to their team's recordings.

Cheers

Chris

Also, it is important that a user could NOT stop recording during call from 3CXphone.
Right now, if a user press Record button twice during call, he/she can stop the record despite it is selected "Record all calls" from administration.
If a user make a mistake or have a problem with customer, he/she can stop the record or the last part of call. This behavior could stop us to continue offering 3CX solution in many environments.

Also, it is important that a user could NOT stop recording during call from 3CXphone.
Right now, if a user press Record button twice during call, he/she can stop the record despite it is selected "Record all calls" from administration.
If a user make a mistake or have a problem with customer, he/she can stop the record or the last part of call. This behavior could stop us to continue offering 3CX solution in many environments.

I was testing this morning after 15.5 SP1 update, and I too am noticing this behavior. Can't say it didn't exist before, but after the upgrade, users with "record all calls" were noticing the 3cx client for windows rec button turned blue when they were on a call so I investigated.

I tested calling between a desk phone extension also using windows cti client, and an android client, both extensions set to record all calls.

On the calls whether from the desk phone to the android or vice versa, if Rec is pressed in windows client, stops the recording. Pressing rec on the android client did not stop the recording.

Other behavior I noticed, both extensions are set to record all calls, but the recording is only visible in the client for the extension that dialed the other, not the receiving extension. since they both are set to record all calls, both extensions should be able to see the recording in their client..

Found this a little later https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...ide-admin-console-settings.50520/#post-205829 . So I can see why this was built in but as this post says, it leaves a company open to agents being able to stop recordings at any time.

Last edited:
I am also interested in the permissions on the call recordings but ALSO FOR REPORTING,
YES it would be nice to have the manager for each group having access to their team's recordings voice and the REPORTING too.

We have customers who need to record calls in any of the following scenarios:
- Calls to a specific DDI / trunk
- Calls to specific queue / group (even if transferred to that queue / group internally - so DDI option above not equivalent)
- External calls only

Hello All,

And for clearly privacy protection law (Particulary in European Union), having an option to disable the feature "Call Recording" on all organisation and/or per user.

This is for legal requirement.
Is not acceptable that any user can record call in european union without the acceptance of the user.
This is a privacy sphere attempt of the user or the Customer.

Best Regards
Vincent

I am agree with this proposal.

I think that would be very useful too, the possibility of recording the IVR. Sometimes the customers want to have the record including the IVR ("this call will be recording,....") for legal actions

I agree. I vote for the following features
1. Option to select recording only external calls, internal calls, or both
2. Browser play of recorded calls.

I have clients who would be interested in permissions of call recordings, they record all calls and are split into teams of 5 with team leaders, at the minute the team leaders can logon and see all the recorded calls including calls to and from the directors.

It would be perfect if they just had access to recordings of the extensions in their team.

You should look at our 3CX Recording Manager. We handle about 95% of the concerns expressed in this thread including:

1. Limiting access to recordings - Extension Group managers can see recordings of their group only. Non-managers can only see their own recordings

2. Automatic archiving of recordings saved on a SAN, Share, NAS, etc. as well as compressing to 1/2 the original size

3. Play recordings via web page (either wav or mp3)

4. Optionally remove the ability to download and / or delete recordings via the web portal

5. Ability to score how the agent handled the call

6. Ability to add notes to the recording

7. Search by date range, as well as any other column

8. Handle millions of recordings easily (we have customers with 6,000,000+ recordings) with response times in less than a second.

9. Audit who / when they accessed recordings and deleted recording (if you allow deleting of recordings at all)

10. Access to portal requires login with 3CX Extension and (voicemail PIN, or Web Client Password, or Phone auth password).

11. Display dates / times based on your preference. You set the culture and time zone, and we display it correctly. Each user can set their own preference.

For those features we don't currently support, we can add all of them with a little funding assistance...

* Currently we don't control what calls are being recorded, that is configured in 3CX. But we could set the extensions not to record any calls in 3CX, and let a separate service decide what calls should be recorded based on the origin. (trunk, queue, external vs internal, etc.).

* We cannot currently disable the ability of agents to stop/start recording. At the very best, we might be able to detect that they have stopped or started recording and instantly turn it back on or off based on your preference. It would happen so quickly that hopefully you would not even be able to tell (when turning recording back on) when listening to the recording... Blocking the recording of calls if they attempted to record a call when prohibited is straightforward. But I can see a caller pounding on that recording button wondering why it's not doing what they wanted...

* There is no way within 3CX to include the IVR prompt in the recording of the call... unless we manually merge the Digital Receptionist prompt with the caller's recording. This absolutely can be done, but is that acceptable? I suppose we could look at how the call got to the extension that is recording the call and select the correct prompt to merge with the recording... I'm open to suggestions.

I think our 3CX Recording Manager goes a very long way toward addressing your concerns. For those items above with an asterisk, we may need to look closely at how these features could be included.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.