• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Progress Call Recording Advanced features required

krome

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
it will be great if we can have the following feature in the future updates:

- Distinguished calls recording for intern and external lines such as SIP trunk calls recording only.
- multi level privilege call recordings access portal to give access for different user on selection based extension.
- another advanced features required.

Upvote 79
You should look at https://www.VoIPTools.com. We have a 3CX add-on (3CX Recording Manager) that provides granular control over recordings (and much more). We a another add-on, 3CX Enhanced Billing Codes, that can help with enforcing billing codes. We have over 20+ add-on and we just released another new add-on today.

please add ability to record calls only for specific SIP Trunks

Reactions: CodeTwo and Eliq91
Looking at the threads, there seems to be a lot of answers, saying yes to stop and start recording. It also seems that the system i have seems different, please spec below
3CX Pro on 16 lines
Hosted on own windows server, PBX with voice menus
Yealink T42G phones

we have an issue with the forthcoming GDPR, and we would like to know if there is a way of simply stopping the recordings mid conversation, and restarting by simply pressing a button on the phones.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, before we consult with and IT support.

I agree, the more features available the better, we need to be able to search by date, line, etc.
easy record on and off vital now.

Update 5 will bring more recording features

- ability to record external calls only
- ability to force recording on or off

Update 5 will bring more recording features

- ability to record external calls only
- ability to force recording on or off

Due the GDPR regulations in EU many companies like our need ability to record only incoming external calls. Is it included in Update 5?

Reactions: Eliq91
Update 6 will have this feature. Timeline is hard to lock down but 1-2 months.

We have a prospect that we are going lose the deal on because the option to play calls within a browser is not available and I cannot find any alternatives for a Linux PBX. There requirements are very basic, really just view and listen to recorded calls in a browser (verses downloading them), but it was surprisingly a big deal for them. I saw a couple other posts about that feature and would like to vote that feature up. In addition I would like to suggest, as others have to give managers granular access to calls in the the web client based on permissions vs. through the reports which is very cumbersome. Thanks for a great product, I am sure this will enhance the product even more.

Take a look at our Recording Manager add-on. You can play recordings from a browser. Granular control over what recordings you can access. And Linux support is just about ready.

I have taken a look at it and it will meet the customers need, let us know when Linux is available and we will discuss it with the customer.

Call records is one of the most sellable items. On the other hand: the interface of management, the filters, the rights of access, the need to download each recording to make the listening, disappoint our customers. They often have to turn to other systems to get what they want.

Call records is one of the most sellable items. On the other hand: the interface of management, the filters, the rights of access, the need to download each recording to make the listening, disappoint our customers. They often have to turn to other systems to get what they want.
Philippe - what other systems have your customers used? We would love to use 3CX in house but neither it or VoIP Tools has the feature set needed to make the transition. Our current solution is Oasis Management Studio with Mitel phones and it is awesome so it has made it tough to move to one of the 3CX alternatives that don't have feature parity. Interested to hear if you have had success implementing other products and what those are.

Philippe - what other systems have your customers used? We would love to use 3CX in house but neither it or VoIP Tools has the feature set needed to make the transition. Our current solution is Oasis Management Studio with Mitel phones and it is awesome so it has made it tough to move to one of the 3CX alternatives that don't have feature parity. Interested to hear if you have had success implementing other products and what those are.
I can not say to which system they turn. But many of our customers currently have old systems (like Norstar/Algo 4102 Digital AuxBox) that allow them better recording control, which is for them a major aspect in the choice of a new telephone system. In these cases, we must propose a local PBX, which requires a greater investment from them.
It's a shame because apart from this point, 3CX would do the job very well at an affordable cost.

+1

We have new recording features coming in beta 1
Central database of recordings
Ability to archive off system to G drive
Auto archiving options
Improved search options

Reactions: CodeTwo
Nice! But I`m still waiting for ability to record external incoming calls only (queue recording).

You can already record only external calls (exclude internal cals) if you want?

I know, but due to law requirement (GDPR in European Union) I cannot record external outgoing calls so option to record only incoming external calls will be nice.

Reactions: Eliq91
I would like that also to record income calls only and exclude external

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.