Call recording archiving

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

I have a client that is recording all calls and is required by law to keep them as they are a financial company. The data size has been building up for a few years now and is now over 200Gig.

How are people archiving these or what is the suggested route that so we can take them off the system and store them so we can still be able to access them if needed in say 5 years time?

I know that there is a product from voiptoys called 3cx Recording Manager which is $500 which seems to do this - has anyone used this software and can recommend it or is there a cheaper easier solution?

We've upgraded the hard drive once but I'm just concerned that the searching and reviewing of calls will slow down as this data size grows.

Thanks
    Gary Davis

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

We have used the voip toys recording manager and it actually compresses the files down to MP3 file sizes rather than fully uncompressed WAV files.

Works well!

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

We use an external hard drive inexpensive and easy to backup to the cloud or keep local. 2tb approx $100

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bardissi

bardissi Member

It is a lot easier to backup 40GB to the cloud than 200GB! Thats literally how much reduction will happen by going from WAV to MP3

5. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Gary and thank you for contacting us

As a general rule we have found that VoIP Toys cause unexpected behavior when used with 3CX V12 and we do not recommend using them with 3CX V12. It would be more prudent to use the money for a larger hard drive than buying the add on from VoIP toys at several times the cost. The other thing that could be done is to just get a separate drive and change your Recording directory to that drive only for recordings. Please let us know if you require further advise on the matter

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bardissi

bardissi Member

Thats interesting I have used both the stand alone and cloud server version and both have worked well in v12.

Just my experience but then I dont get all the 3CX support calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.