Call Recording Behavior

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is it the correct behavior that extensions forwarded to an external number are not recorded? My associate has his extension forwarded to his mobile but calls aren't recorded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. positron

Yes, forwarded calls are not recorded, but if you designate a mobile number and use the "Ring my mobile at the same time" option, then calls answered at the mobile number will be recorded.

If you don't want it to ring a regular extension and mobile at the same time (you just want to selectively forward), you can set up a non-provisioned extension, assign the mobile number with "Ring my mobile..." and forward to the non-provisioned extension. The only issue is recorded calls are associated with that extension, not the original.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I guess that is a start. Now I have 2 copies of the recording for each call.
    Better than not at all.
    Thanks.

4. positron

I use that recording trick at a customer who needed overflow calls which were sent to an offsite call center to be recorded. I have a scheduled script which runs nightly to purge the duplicate recordings and delete old recordings to save space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.