Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call recording control

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

In the features for 15.5 it states you can "pause and resume call recording for PCI compliance" which is brilliant.

How do we achieve this? Is there an API we use for this?

Also, is there a new 15.5 API? The current download page doesn't have any new API for version 15.5.

Thanks

2. asmith3006

Is there any chance of this being added to the API? If I can get this feature then I can drop my horrible contact centre phone system and switch to 3CX completely.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hwello @asmith3006

This feature is available in V15.5 SP1 and can be used from the 3cx client and the new web client without any additional configuration.
    If the extension has recording enabled then when a call i initiated the Rec button will be blue. Just press it once for pause and press it again for resume.

4. asmith3006

@YiannisH_3CX , thanks for that, but that's not sufficient for our requirements. We need to be able to programmatically control the recording so when the user clicks the "add a credit card" button the call recording is paused and then resumed afterwards. Otherwise we'll have lots of "I forgot" comments from staff about turning recording back on.

I really hope this is a minor thing for you guys to add to (maybe) SP2 or similar. It would make management soooo happy.

bbaker73 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.