• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Recording for 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddietang

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using CallRex from Telrex (http://www.telrex.com/callrex.htm) for call recording.

Based on their port mirorring concept, in theory it should work.

That's great for you but it doesn't help me here in Asia.

I have tried to use CallRex, and it works perfect. Just do port mirroring on the switch and it works.

I have tried this one alos, and it works just fine.

http://www.duxoft.com/products.html

regards,

8) Cool!!!

HI Alicic

Which of the 2 recording application do you prefer?

Eddie

alicic said:
I have tried to use CallRex, and it works perfect. Just do port mirroring on the switch and it works.

I have tried this one alos, and it works just fine.

http://www.duxoft.com/products.html

regards,

Could you please explain me what is a "port mirroring"?

Thanks

3CX BOX connected to the port 1 of the switch. Then call recording system connected to port 2 of same switch. All packet in/out at port 1 will mirror to port 2 at the same time. Therefore, all packet in/out at port 1 and port 2 will same. Most of layer 3 switch have this feature and few layer 2 switch have this feature too.

Actually, I wonder why one need 3rd party call recorders? We have call recording feature since V5.

This tools very easy to config(almst no need to config). It need not to use specified phone model (Any sip device hardphone or softphone). Just install then run. Fully automatic, wave/mp3 format and recorded all important sip record(caller, callee, time, using which gateway and etc).

Hello Archie,
I think I can explain that.
In v5 user decides what to record (as I understand). In many environments (sales/ help desk/ reservations etc) ALL conversations with cliens must be recorded. So if you can add administrative option for recording all calls on specific extensions or trunks/lines, it would be it!

I think you should seriously consider this option especially for Call Center module you are working on. ACD functionality bundled with reporting and descent call recoding would give you really significant advantage over other products in this area!

Thank You
Marcin Walter

Thanks for your replies. Yes, we definitely consider this administrative settings for call recording.

Please have in mind that this not is allowed in all countries.
E.g. Norway you in most cases have to send an formal application to goverment to be allowed recording. This is to protect public privacy.
If your so lucky that the application is approved you still is obligated by law to notify other part in advance that the call is recorded.
In most cases you ar not allowed to store the recording after 6 - 12 months.

Why point this out?
Do not make it to easy beeing a "criminal". :D

But, for example, Snom phones have 'Record' button which supposedly used to record any call even without mention it :) I don't think it make Snom company criminals :) Although, I'm not a lawyer and it is not my strong side :)

I hear you. Cant say that i bother listening to much on our goverment either, and since its an ocean between what you can and what you do, we have used recordings some times.
The problem is, if you get in some legal affairs this recording is not allowed as evidence without the aprovement. :)

Well, I do have a SNOM phone, but the record function doesn't seem to work at all. I've tested it with a SNOM 320 and a SNOM 370 so far. Is there any kind of documentation how this suppose to work?

This is a paid versions feature. You can try it even in a demo mode (with demo license key). It will put recorded calls under \3cx phonesystem\data\recordings

I do have the enterprise edition but it doesn't save any recording in that folder.

Forgot to say - since version 5.

It is not the question are you allowed or not, the question is that you record calls in very sensetive business so you have proof what you did or did not do, or what your employees did or did not with the customer ;)

regards,

I don't think we should involve legal issues in this discussion. Every user should be aware and follow local law regulations and this is out of the question, but it’s definitely not software developer’s job to force the law.

Call recording is a must in many businesses. Not only as a proof but also as training material and quality assurance tool. This would be highly appreciated feature by many sales, customer service and similar organizations.

Thank you

Marcin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.