Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call recording for trunk

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by utpal@eteletech.com, Nov 16, 2016.

Call recording for trunk 4.7 5 12votes
4.7/5, 12 votes

1. utpal@eteletech.com

Hello

presently by enabling "record all call " in extension setting, record all call (ext to trunk and ext to ext), if a client does not want to record internal call , there is no option as on today (as per 3cx tech support)

pls provision Call record enable/disable in trunk setting also, with this setting, in/out call on that trunk will be recorded even a extension has not set for record all call.

this way we can have selective recording for trunk only

Brady and jhonku like this.
  2. cel

cel

I think it would be a good idea to have a selective recording. I am thinking even about the possibilty to do the following settings in terms of voice recording;

- external inbound only
    - external outbound only
    - external both ways
    - internal & external all
    - every x call, for quality reason for example 10% of the calls done by that device

May be to add a "DTMF" sequence to manually start recording, respectively take the recording form the beginning of the call.

3. cel

cel

I was just rethinking about this. I think it should be possible instead only that you can set the recording for an extension, that you could set it for queue, ring group and trunk. Then you can decide which calls you like to record and personal calls are not recorded.

icns01 likes this.
  4. nenglish

I've recently had a manager ask me about recording calls for QA and training purposes. We don't want to record all calls because of the volume, and there's no way to set up a schedule, filter what's recorded, or say, record every 10th call (for example). Right now I can only see two solutions:
    1. I'm stuck manually turning the 'Record all calls' on/off for each extension they want to collect recordings from. This is terrible.
    2. Give the managers Web console access and make them administrators for their Group. Then they are stuck manually turning the 'Record all calls' on/off for each extension they want to collect recordings from. This is less terrible (for me, not the managers). However if I do this they'll have access to not only turn recordings on/off, but every option for the extension. If they start mucking around with the other options they could screw up the extension (which I'd then have to fix). This is not ideal either.
    More options for the recording feature would be highly appreciated.

icns01 and pcepbx like this.
  5. pcepbx

Having the option to record calls per queue, ring group, or trunk would be GREAT!

Also, the ability to prepend a "this call may be recorded..." message alongside the above option would be a phenominal timesaver!

Brad Cann and Taff3333 like this.