• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Artin Davidian

Reaction score
I would like to suggest the addition of the ability to record incoming and outgoing trunk calls even when no extension is envolved.
for example when a call is coming from a bridge and is routed directly to a sip trunk or else.
or when you dial from an outside number and use vm dialout feature to call out using a sip trunk or sip gateway with no extension envolved in the call.

Upvote 11
Very good idea. If the RTP stream does not terminate on an extension though how is the recording going to be done? Via some type of proxy perhaps? Please respond 3cx.

Reactions: adavidian
Well of course the procedure would be different but the RTP is being streamed through 3cx just between trunks. One SC Call is being used and 3CX is delivering the Call and audio so I'm guessing this is doable. For example you can have the option to Record all calls from your incoming or outgoing trunks. This is specially good if you have several offices and you want your call recording to be done in one place or just the scenario I had if you are using this feature to call your office and then call an outside number to use company trunks.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.