Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Recording for trunks

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Artin Davidian, Jun 21, 2017.

Call Recording for trunks 4 5 8votes
4/5, 8 votes

1. Artin Davidian

I would like to suggest the addition of the ability to record incoming and outgoing trunk calls even when no extension is envolved.
    for example when a call is coming from a bridge and is routed directly to a sip trunk or else.
    or when you dial from an outside number and use vm dialout feature to call out using a sip trunk or sip gateway with no extension envolved in the call.

adavidian, Lucas Garcia and icns01 like this.
  2. icns01

Very good idea. If the RTP stream does not terminate on an extension though how is the recording going to be done? Via some type of proxy perhaps? Please respond 3cx.

adavidian likes this.
  3. adavidian

Well of course the procedure would be different but the RTP is being streamed through 3cx just between trunks. One SC Call is being used and 3CX is delivering the Call and audio so I'm guessing this is doable. For example you can have the option to Record all calls from your incoming or outgoing trunks. This is specially good if you have several offices and you want your call recording to be done in one place or just the scenario I had if you are using this feature to call your office and then call an outside number to use company trunks.