Call recording not deleting after "X" number of days

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by minnesota, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesota

Hello,

I'm on the latest stable version of 3CX 15.5 for Linux 15.5.3849.1

I have 14GB of storage allocated to call recordings and we're nearing 100% usage.

I set auto cleaning to delete calls older than 330 days. We have calls going back 368 days on the system at this time. I set it to 330 days two days ago and it still hasn't deleted the calls older than Dec. 8, 2016 yet. It still has calls from 11-6-2016 which are older than 330 days.

I have tried setting it again and then restarted all services on 3CX and it still will not delete these older calls.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @minnesota

Can you tell me the creation date of these files from the operating system? Is that date older that 330 days?
    The system looks at the creation date of the file as mentioned in the operating system in order to know which files to keep and which to delete.

3. minnesota

Could you tell me how to find these files and look at the dates? I'm assuming we'd need to use command line for this?

4. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello minnesota,

Open a terminal or connect via ssh, navigate to the folder where your recordings are being saved, (by deafult it is /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Recordings). Inside this folder you will find one folder per extension recordings.
    Type
    find . -type f -exec ls -lt {} +

You will get a listing of all the files included in the sub directories arranged by date of creation.
    Simply check the last line to determine if your 330 day rule is applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.