• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call recording on external drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickrivard

Reaction score
We have a file server on our network and we have pointed the recording path to it but it does not work...
When we point the Recording path to a local file it works, but not on an external path...
C:\Users\User\Documents\3CX\Recordings = OK
\\As-604t-dfce\3cx\3CX\Recordings = Does not work
Anyone can help?

I recall this being an issue in v11. I do not know if I tested any options like mapping the network path to a drive letter.

We have tested on two different 3CX system at two of sites and the same problem is present.
Furthermore, every time you make an update this config is lost to be replaced by a default value...
Anyone has any idea how to correct this???

We have tried multiple workaround without any luck...
This looks like a system Bug...

Anyone from 3CX care to respond?

Thank you

Thats odd, I've recorded all of my calls on a external drive for as long as v11 has been available. In addition I have multiple client sites with the same setup and we do map to a drive letter ie e:\3cx recording which points to an external hard drive I've never had a problem Have you attempted that as of yet? Can you give a brief description of your network topology, and what you've tested?

Make sure you have given the computer object or service account user access to the the share path \\As-604t-dfce\3cx\3CX\Recordings. We have been doing this fine for all our recordings in V12. I tried to get going the 3CX services using a service account rather than Local System and I had issues. So I just made sure the server's active directory computer object can write to the recording path on our SAN. It work great especially seeing as we record 8GB+ of calls everyday.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.