Call recording (stopping & starting)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

Hi,

I have a client who takes credit card payments over the phone and as it's illegal in the UK to record credit card numbers with the CVV number so they must stop recording and then start it again when this process has been done.

3CX is full updated and they use Snom 320 phones with firmware 8.7.3.15 - the extensions are set to record all calls but must be stopped by law at the CC process.

What happens is the call records fine and they press the record button to stop which it does but pressing the button again doesn't start the call recording again and they miss the rest of that call.

The only thing I could suggest to try was to physically transfer the call to another extension for all credit card processes which wasn't set to record and then pass it back after this had been done but they aren't very keen on passing clients around like this. Or is there some add-on for 3CX that takes the numbers by DTMF or similar?

Is this a firmware bug or software bug or has anybody a workaround for this?

Thanks
    Gary Davis

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Gary,
    We've just tested this on snom 320, it worked fine with multiple start/stops creating multiple recordings.
    I'd suggest upgrading to 8.7.3.25 (latest supported) see if issue persists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.