Call Recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ssss25, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssss25

Hi,
    I have looked through forum, and googled but I didn't get good answer about call recording. In some old threads I Saw that Version 5 was supposed to have call recording, in others, that version 10 will have it, and some say it's an add-on. Can anybody tell me if right now I Can set the system to record calls wither on demand or all the time or based on some criteria?

Thanks a lot.

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Call Recording is currently a feature of Version 9, and has been for a few versions.

You can record via the 3CX assistant software, or you can set to record based on extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nevets429

Works fine as well, we have it set to record ALL calls and we purge them after 30 days. Has saved our bacon a few times already where customers said we said one thing.... go pull the recording.

4. ssss25

Thanks for your replies :) I must b missing something. I went to 3cx website and didn't see any product called 3cs assistant! I looked at the 3cx phone system management console, and nothing there either. nothing in the ext configuration tabs! Sorry I am onyl few days using this system so forgive me if I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks...

BTW, I do have the 9 version.

5. ssss25

BTW, Is this just call recording where user records their own calls? Or the system recording all calls?

I found this:

http://www.3cx.com/3CXAssistant/

but the download just points to download the server.

Thx,

6. ssss25

Sorry about the mess :)

So I found the Call assistant, which is a user addon and they can record their calls. But I want to record the calls for all extensions as mentioned by nevets429... That I Would guess is something done on the 3cs server, and I cannot find it.

Any help on how to record all extentions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi There,

To record all calls done by a specific extension ( making the change to all would record all) is simply by going on the extension settings in the 3cx management console > Other >"record all calls" tick it and all the calls will be recorded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ssss25

Thx. The last 4 check bars are greyed out including record all call?

Also can the user initiate call recording using.a start code?

9. ssss25

Aha.. free version ;)

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.