• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssss25

Reaction score
Hi,
I have looked through forum, and googled but I didn't get good answer about call recording. In some old threads I Saw that Version 5 was supposed to have call recording, in others, that version 10 will have it, and some say it's an add-on. Can anybody tell me if right now I Can set the system to record calls wither on demand or all the time or based on some criteria?

Thanks a lot.

Call Recording is currently a feature of Version 9, and has been for a few versions.

You can record via the 3CX assistant software, or you can set to record based on extensions.

Works fine as well, we have it set to record ALL calls and we purge them after 30 days. Has saved our bacon a few times already where customers said we said one thing.... go pull the recording.

Thanks for your replies :) I must b missing something. I went to 3cx website and didn't see any product called 3cs assistant! I looked at the 3cx phone system management console, and nothing there either. nothing in the ext configuration tabs! Sorry I am onyl few days using this system so forgive me if I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks...

BTW, I do have the 9 version.

BTW, Is this just call recording where user records their own calls? Or the system recording all calls?

I found this:

http://www.3cx.com/3CXAssistant/

but the download just points to download the server.

Thx,

Sorry about the mess :)

So I found the Call assistant, which is a user addon and they can record their calls. But I want to record the calls for all extensions as mentioned by nevets429... That I Would guess is something done on the 3cs server, and I cannot find it.

Any help on how to record all extentions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi There,

To record all calls done by a specific extension ( making the change to all would record all) is simply by going on the extension settings in the 3cx management console > Other >"record all calls" tick it and all the calls will be recorded.

Thx. The last 4 check bars are greyed out including record all call?

Also can the user initiate call recording using.a start code?

Aha.. free version ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.