Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluefox8080, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi,

I see that Version 5 does have a call recording feature. Where does one enable or disable it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. novastar

Currently this only works with a SNOM IP-phone. When you press a function key with the label F_REC than 3CX will begin recording directly and saves the conversation in \3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Recordings. I've tested this function with success.

3. Mori

Mori New Member

Hi bluefox8080.

Have a look at
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/call-recording-for-3cx-3274/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

That does not help me.

Version 5 does apparently have call recording according to the site:
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html

Unified Communications & Mobility Features
    Public SIP ID for extensions
    Supports Exchange 2007 UM
    Branch Office Integration
    Sends voice mail via email
    Fax
    3CX bridge: connect branch offices
    Call recording
    Remote configuration of extension options

I don't care if it is Legal or not. Asterisk supports it by default and in South Africa it is legal if you announce it to the caller.

5. Mori

Mori New Member

The point was not regarding legal or not.

I quote two posts from other thread:
    With answer
    As novastar says its a user feature and currently works Snom, and the new 3CX Client if you dont want to use 3rd party recording.
    'All over' call recording is considered for future builds.

Hope this clearify things.

6. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

So, There is not Centralized option (under the Web interface) to record all the calls?

7. Mori

Mori New Member

Nope, not yet.

8. bhavank

bhavank New Member

as said that it considered so it will be available in future build better have little patients as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.