Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call Recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimbo59, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

When do you expect the fix for the call recording. It's impossible to look at an extension and see what they were doing with the system as it is. This is a major flaw in my opinion and my client is less than pleased.

Yes I can search for an extension, but the result is scattered with dates all over the place.

This is a big headache and I have egg on my face.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sip.bg likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jimbo59

Please note that the fix regarding sorting of the recordings will most likely be available in the next service pack release.

3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I'm aware of that. The question is "when?"
    I need to tell the customer how long they need to live without a feature that was available before this "upgrade."

Thank you for your kind understanding and concern.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 jimbo59, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    comms1 likes this.
  4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

This is something i cannot answer since the update is still under development and i cannot know when it will be ready.

5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Can we use an SP2 backup to downgrade to a usable version or are we stuck?

6. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I recall somewhere was said in the forums, that you can downgrade to SP1 with backup from SP2.

jimbo59 likes this.
  7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

It is never recommended downgrading from a newer version to an older version. Backups are not backwards compatible and you might experience stability issues when downgrading.

8. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Since you don't deal with end users you don't understand promising and delivering something and then it disappears and the vendor just says "it may be fixed when the service pack comes out but we can't tell you when that is." The customer blames you for the recommendation and leaves you open to a lawsuit.

sip.bg likes this.
  9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

This is something that will be fixed in the next service pack however i cannot give you an ETA as the service pack will include more than just this fix and the a Beta release is not yet available.
    If you are looking for an approximation as to how often a service pack is released then you can look at our change log and see approximately how often an update is released.
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/phone-system-change-log/

10. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Thank you. We should expect to wait until at least February.

With all due respect, patches can be issued for individual problems rather than doing entire service packs. Ask Microsoft. They patch every week and issue a service pack every 6 months or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.