Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call recordings to email

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by PhatPanda, Jun 22, 2016.

1. PhatPanda

We are a newspaper, and using Yealinks (or 3cx client), reporters are able to record calls for stories. However we are also Mac users, the Mac 3cx client does not let you scrub through a recording, so in the same fashion that VM's can be setup to be emailed, please add the capability to have call recordings emailed. Then the user can user iTunes or their preferred audio client to scrub through the recording.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I don't see that ever being an option. The sheer file size of the recorded calls of 3CX Users attached to an email would make that sketchy.

You might look at VOIPtools.com Recording manager as an easier solution.

3. epeterson

I don't know about the Mac client but in the Windows client you just go to:

Settings > Recordings > [Select Recording] > Play

That opens the save file window to download the recording to the location of your choosing, to be played with the media player of your choosing.

4. PhatPanda

Recorded calls are highly efficient, the biggest one I remember sending was around 10 megs for a 30 minute recording. On the mac client, you can play recordings, but not scrub, which makes it pointless for reporters needing to fast forward or rewind.