Call redirected to VoiceMail (bug report)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by onekit, Aug 9, 2007.

1. onekit

Sorry for sending bugs to forum, but nobody reply on my emails to support@3cx.com.

When you calling to extension and on extension we have settings "redirect to Voice mail after 15 sec timeout", then system do not reject call to extension.

After 15 seconds first caller already record message to Voice Mail, but other side phone still ring. And if you'll try to pick up the phone, you'll hear silence.

I have experiment with Nokia E60. This phone still ring and if I answer on call, then I listen silence and after few seconds see message "Call duration 00:00".

Solution: Please reject call for otherside extension, if call already redirected to Voice Mailbox.

Thanks.

2. onekit

Hm... But if I call from Nokia E60 to softphone, then this bug not exist. :?
    That's meaning softphone is not require special REJECT command. But Nokia wants force reject.

3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Onekit,

Are sure the BUG from 3CX. Have you consider the BUG from Nokia? Is there any other phones have the same issue?

Just be reminded that 3CX email support should be for paid version only NOT free.

Any sys log for this issue?

4. onekit

Look, if I calling from softphone to Nokia E60 and stop my call, then reject work perfect. So, Nokia understand reject command.
    But why Nokia didn't understand reject command on while caller redirected to Voice Mail. Probably system sent different signals. Isn't it?

Now I try to test it on Nokia E61 and Nokia E60. The same bug.

I am not sure that the reason is differencies between RFC versions of protocols (SIP) used in 3cx phone system and Nokia? May be Nokia do not understand new commands?

Nokia got perfect reject call while calling, so why nokia can't understand reject while redirecting to VoiceMail. On Nokia side it can't be different. It's just a client.

System do not log this issue. Logs looks the same with bug and without bug. :shock:

Oh, thanks you for notify me about paid support. I miss that. ;)
    However that only their policy fault. The reason why I still didn't purchase this system - not enough features which satisfy my needs and bugs which I report them FOR FREE just for improve 3cx phone system. And I spend my own time for it FOR FREE. I needn't support, I report about BUGs, it's seems like I help them and need to pay money for it.
    :roll:

5. onekit

I've just tested it on Asterisk (trixbox modification) and it works fine without bugs.

Now I am sure finaly. It's not Nokia problem. Bug in 3cx Phone System. Please fix it.

P.S.:
    And what I see in X-Lite when using Asterisk, here is an envelope icon displayed if I have messages in Voicemail box. It would be useful research protocol features.

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Onekit,

Thanks for your report. And so many supporting for help to find out this issue is from 3CX. I think report the BUG to 3CX is like a gift to us. Hope 3CX team can fixed those issue ASAP.

5Q

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1. Did you start Asterisk on the same environment as 3CX?
    2. Which settings did you use to configure your extension(on Asterisk)?
    3. Can you provide a logs for described situation?
    4. MWI isn't supported in free version.

Regards,
    Stepan

P.S. You are right, Asterisk is cool, it cooler at least 20 times more then 3CX PBX...