Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call rejection by 3CX server when configure PSTN trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yogesh02ec, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogesh02ec

I have installed free 3CX server version V11.0.28976.849.
    I created one of the PSTN trunk with registration require option as "Do not require".
    Now when i send call from gateway with calling party CLI in SIP id field to 3CX server, server sends 404 user not found message?
    How can i configure PSTN trunk to dispaly calling party number on server extension?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are indeed some providers that actually do not require registration in order for the calls to be made; however I do not think this to be true for the gateways. Nevertheless, while it may not be required, the fact of the matter is that 3CX does require it as registration is the only way for the system to know if the device is present and the associated paths available. By this I mean that the routes created when you installed the gateway must be showing green in the status indicator.

You did not mention the make/model of gateway and if the status lights show as the paths being registered. In most cases with PSTN, caller-id is normally handled by the carrier but not always. I confess I am confused as to what you want to do versus the title of the post and your description of issues.

When you say " when I send a call from gateway", this implies to me that you have dialed an external number that is on the PSTN side; yet you then ask about how to display the callerID on the extension.

Can you clarify and possibly post a log along with the gateway info asked for earlier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.