Call Reporter issue with Access 2007

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I have just installed Call Reporter on my PC, and modified the ini file so the data can be retrieved from the 3CX v7 server. I have scheduled and manually ran the CallUpdate utility and can happily view data in the reports. However when I go to view a graph I receive the below error:

I have done a Google to check whether it's Access specific and done a search of the forum to see whether it's 3CX specific. There is nothing regarding this error message - has anyone else ran into the same problem and/or knows what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance on this matter,

Lewis

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Cheers for that, the sooner they remove the dependency from Access and have nice web-based call reporting the better :)

On the product development road-map, if they can get sophisticated call reported and graphing in they're be leaps and bounds ahead of the competion in my opinion.

Thanks for that, not important at this stage since i've been using a 3rd Party CDR Product (Oak) - however I'd prefer to use 3CX's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

http://www.oak.co.uk/ - They provide a CDR client so you can retrieve the raw call data from the PBX and do reporting and billing, dependent on what modules you purchase. It's handy, but much more convenient to have something as good native to 3CX - real string to it's bow. Some nice fancy colourful graphs would be good too - I think pretty graphs can provide meaningful call analysis and would definately be a sweet spot for companies running call-centers or performance-based call answering etc.

4. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

No, only on the Nortel BCM 50 - I would imagine it could also interpret CDR data of the 3CX provided their is a common standard for CDR data ? That I'm not too sure about. But once we move to 3CX fully, I actually calculate call answering statistics, i.e. how many calls an engineer in the team has answered relative to others. This is key reporting I need easily since I send this data through to accounts that pay commission. So I do have a distinct requirement for that level of reporting - I hope the Access is ditched in favour of something web-based since I am surprised that wasn't the logical decision.

5. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

I'm hoping for SQL Server Express 2008 with Advanced Services (i.e. SQL Server Reporting Services).

The move to support IIS in v7 gives me hope that the DB might switch to SQL Server in V8. Downside is a (much) bigger install footprint. Upside is built in reporting tools, easy to devlop for, good web integration, and out of the box support for exporting data to CSV, Word, Excel, PDF, etc.

6. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Matt, I would agree with that compromise - since fundamentally the 3CX is an IP PBX and not necessarily a reporting tool, so seperation of the functions makes sense. Half a dozen native generic reports might be handy out-of-the-box as it were, and agree, a standalone Access or even another web-based extension/module would be ideal. I'm too hoping for the best - and I am reasonably optimistic with the speed of development on the 3CX, they seem to have a very clear vision of the direction of this product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.