Call reports. Making Sense of the Data.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sean Glasspool, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Glasspool

Hi All,

A couple of things about call reporting.

• I come from an IP Office backgroud and was a key person in helping Xima Softs Chronicall to gain traction in the reporting space. One great feature of their reporting is the cradle to grave report, where you can use it to veriy the data you are pulling for call reports. This gave both engineers and customers confidence the information they were seeing was accurate and if there were any reporting descrepancies, then you could easily see where the problems are.
    • Report documentation. I have had a hunt around the 3CX pages for details information about the reports and what the information represents and how it is gathered.
    Thanks in advance.

Sean

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Sean Glasspool

I'm not sure that i understand exactly the requirements of the feature you are mentioning, but if i got it right, you can use the call log from the management console to filter the log in order to verify something you see on a report. For example, if you have a report that shows number of inbound calls in a Queue, you can filter the call log to show you all the calls from any number, to the specific Queue, in a specific period and whether the calls were answered or not. You can get a more detailed view of all calls from a Call Report though.
    Of course, i'm not sure that this will include all possibilities of the feature that you are mentioning, but if not, feel free to post a feature request in the Ideas part of the forum to be considered for implementation. https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/

Another approach for this, but will require some programming, would be to output all CDRs to a database for example and then query the logs as you desire. You can find more info about CDRs here https://www.3cx.com/docs/cdr-call-data-records/

Now regarding report documentation, i'm afraid that currently there is no detailed document explaining each report and field, we would be happy however to try to answer any other questions you may have about specific reports/fields.

Sean Glasspool likes this.
  3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Please note that the 3CX generated CDR text files contain the entire call chain. This will help you understand all the legs of a call.

Our 3CX Exporter tool can parse these files and place the data in a SQL / MySQL database for easy reporting. Further, our exporter tool can provide even more detail than the data available in the CDR files. Finally, if you really want to get crazy, you can look at our 3CX Monitor tool which gives you ALL the events that take place with a call, cradle-to-grave (www.VoIPTools.com)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sean Glasspool likes this.
  4. Sean Glasspool

Hi There,

OK, while the reports are mostly self explanitory, it would be great to give customers a proper explination of the relevant reports they are looking for.

Are there any plans to provide the ability to create custom reports?

Cheers!

5. Sean Glasspool

Hi There,

Many thanks! I like useful sites like yours. As our 3cx base expands we may need to employ some of your expertise.

Thanks

Sean

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Sean Glasspool I'm not aware of any immediate plans for this but you should post this as a feature request in the Ideas part of the forum to be considered for implementation. I think it's a great idea that a lot of customers will find useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.