Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Call/Ring group Maximum Number of Members?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nobody, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobody

nobody New Member

Is there a limit regarding the maximum numbers of phone numbers I can assign a ring group to?

TIA.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Nope. The inbound rule just forwards the call to the extension. It doesn't know anything about the type of extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nobody

nobody New Member

Thank you.
    Just to make sure, I can add 500 phones into one group, and all will ring when the group is called?

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You need a 512 or 1024 SC license to ring them all simultaneously

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nobody

nobody New Member

Ok,
    Then there is no limit besides the number of Concurrent Calls I licensed.

But that makes me think:
    Since 3cx is licensed by the number of simultaneous calls, why should this limit limit the number of phones in a ring group?
    Actually my numbers are much lower:
    I have 30 Phones and considering buying a Pro version with 16lines. However, I would expect that (besides setting up a call queue) it should be possible that the Phones of all 30 Agents will ring when a call comes in.

#5 nobody, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @nobody

Actually even if you have 500 agents in a ring group the polling will only use up one simultaneous call. However you should consider your ring strategy. If you select ring all and have a massive amount of extensions then it will take some time to ring all the extensions. With 30 phones you should be fine.

7. nobody

nobody New Member

Thank you,
    That was what I expected.
    If we are on the subject regarding a larger number of Agents:
    I thought I create a "primary" ring-group with lets assume 15Members.
    Then, I use the Ring groups Number to create a BLF on the Other 15 Agents phones. These should be notified on their Phones by an optical Message (blinking light), also the numbers (or Names) of the callers waiting should appear on the phones displays, so they can decide theirselve if the call is relevant for them or not.
    I consider to buy yealink T46s or T48s phones.

Would this be an option?
    (
    I found out that the Yealink T4XX series have a feature like this, but i dont know If that will really work together with the 3CX phone system. I personally have only snom currently availible which have display which way to small, and Yealink W56 which dont support this feature.
    )

TIA

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that you cannot assign a ring group to a blf button at least not with a supported way. You can only assign extensions and monitor whether they are busy or not.
    Perhaps someone else has a similar configuration and can help you achieve this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.